Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Update From School

Well, it's third period on Tuesday. That means etymology class. Today we were given the opportunity to blog in class. So far my day has been rather uneventful other than the fact I was late to my first period class. I'm not sure if my teacher counted me tardy or not, with my luck he probably did but it's my first one this semester so I guess I can afford it. In my Latin class we had to create a poster over the military. I guess it's supposed to be almost like an Uncle Sam's "We Want You!" poster. Part of the assignment was coming up with a "catchy slogan" for our title. Mine was "Simul Sumus Magni!" aka together we are great. I know, I could have done something a lot more creative but that's what last minute thinking will give you. However, I made up for lack of creativity there by making my poster have pop up flap... type things, ha. There are a bunch of pictures that represent the subcategories to meet the criteria and under them is the information. Clever, in my opinion. Okay, only 20 minutes left in this class.

Maybe I'll give you a heads up as to what is to come tonight. I start reading The Kite Runner as you learned from my post last night. As of now, I'm on page 110. I love this book so far. I've actually had to put it down because I'm getting so upset reading it. It's a very captivating book and really brings out your emotion. That is, if you are anything like me. The main reason its hard to read for me is because so far it's a story of two boys relationship. They live in Afghanistan and one is a son of an extremely wealthy man. The other, his Hazara, or servant. Hassan, the Hazara, is extremely faithful to the wealthy son, Amir, which eventually leads to his rape. The worst part, all I hear in my head is Hassan saying to Amir, "For you, a thousand times over." He would do anything for Amir and the sad thing, Amir just uses him. Yes, he loves him like a brother, but because of the social standings they both have, it is impossible for Hassan to be anything other than a servant to him. Sigh, it makes me sad just thinking about it.

I'll give you more details tonight and catch you up to chapter ten where I am currently paused. But until then, enjoy your Tuesday, wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment