Saturday, February 12, 2011

So, Guess What?!

We did it! The Homestead girl's swim team placed 2nd at the IHSAA state swim meet! First time ever! We were all so excited and glad our season's hard work paid off. In fact, we were all crying. But not because we were so happy with the results, but because our only senior girl to go to state, Tori, was done. It hit us all, this is her last meet. Of course, they were happy tears, remembering growing up with her and all the hard practices. Its sad to think she won't be here next year, but we all know she will be cheering from afar. Personally, I got 8th and 5th. Yes, I placed one place lower than I was seeded from yesterday. But both were better than what I was seeded going into the meet. And I bettered my times, in fact they were life times! It felt great to see my work pay off. I loved looking into the stands and seeing my mom, dad, grandma, and grandpa smile and wave to me. My dad putting his hand over his heart mouthing, "I'm so proud of you." My favorite thing about doing well in a race: finishing to the wall and lifting my head out of the water and hearing, out of all the people in the stands, my dad's voice cheering. Somehow, I can always pick out his voice. I look over to my coach, who is jumping up and down, fist pumping the air. For some reason, other peoples reaction get me more excited than I do myself, if that makes sense. I made a deal with my coach, if we got second we would stop for milkshakes on the way home. Well, we got milkshakes, and man were they tasty!



But wait, there's more exciting news! I'M AN AUNT!!!! My brother Nate and his wife Melissa had their first baby boy today. It was so unexpected. He was a month premature. I can't wait to finally see him. I know I'll be a baby hog. Melissa will probably get frustrated because I've taken him from her for so long.
There he is! Elijah Michael Lee ____. Technically this blog is supposed to be anonymous I think so I left the last name out. Even though my blog really isn't at all. But anyways, hes so precious. Whats crazy? He was born on my Dad's birthday! Sorry, Dad, this day no longer belongs just to you.


It's really late and I'm exhausted. So, I'm going to go climb into my freezing bed. Hope you all had a great Saturday like I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment