Friday, February 11, 2011

State Update!

TGIF! Tonight was a great night! Finally state arrived and my high school swim team did awesome in the preliminary meet. First off, we got to miss school. We loaded onto SPVs and road down to Indy. Checked in at the hotel, took naps, finally shaved our legs (we hadn't done that since Halloween. Gross, I know), then went to Olive Garden for a quick lunch. The meet itself was the best part. Individually, I dropped a ton of time in both my events and made it back in the top 8. Which, for those of you who aren't knowledgeable with swimming, that's a big deal! I was seeded 18th and 6th going into the meet and now going into finals I'm ranked 8th and 4th. So lets hope all goes well tomorrow. As a team, were aiming to get 2nd at state. "Not first?" you ask. Well, no. Carmel has won for 25 straight years and bottom line, they out number us. So second is where we set our goals. That will be the highest a girls team from Northeast Indiana has ever gotten! We're seeded second right now, but it's not final until tomorrow. Just thought I'd give you a quick update but now I have to go to bed! I have a big day tomorrow! Wish me luck.



P.S. This is a landmark post! I've never blogged and not done a reading log. But I was so excited I just had to let you all know how I was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment