Sunday, February 13, 2011

This One's For You

Dad, I know I'm a really bad daughter. I didn't get you a birthday present... yet. I know it's not an excuse, but with state coming up I didn't want to go during the week because I needed lots of sleep. And last weekend didn't work because I had sectionals as well as two team dinners. But this ones for you. I love you!

51 Things I love about my dad:

  1. I can always tell he loves me... even when I make him angry
  2. He supports me in everything I do
  3. He's my biggest fan
  4. He'd do anything for me
  5. Family comes first
  6. Being able to brag about him to my friends "My dad's the National Chair of the Biomedical Department for the Red Cross, the primary Co-Owner of his CPA firm, chairman on the Bethel College board and the Mustard Seed board. What's your dad do?"
  7. "Aw stink!"
  8. The way I know he' s home because he jingles his keys before he puts them on the table
  9. Wearing his size 12 moccasins around the house when he isn't home
  10. Does your dad do "smooches" for a picture with a bunch of teenage girls? Didn't think so.
  11. HIS excitement for MY sport
  12. His generosity
  13. His knowledge on things you wouldn't think he'd know
  14. "whoa there, keemosabi!"
  15. I'm daddy's little girl. Always have been, always will be.
  16. Waking up to vitamins on the counter. He never forgets
  17. It's pretty cool he's read just about every book Mr. Hill talks about
  18. For a 51 year old, he has a pretty hip style
  19. The way he texts- with his index finger because his thumbs are too big for the touch screen
  20. Sorry, Mom, but Dad's presents are always so cool
  21. When he takes me shopping, he always picks out the cutest clothes for me
  22. "Peeshie"
  23. Cheek pinches
  24. Falling asleep on his shoulder during church
  25. Listening to him sing during church- he has the best voice!
  26. Running the Chicago Hot Chocolate 5K with him
  27. Sitting in his office while he works
  28. "No Dad, I do not want to rub your feet. But thank you for asking"
  29. His signals at swim meets from the stands
  30. He's pretty cool, I'll admit it. All my friends think hes funny
  31. His blue eyes
  32. The thoughtful things he does for me. Like buying my favorite granola when I eat it all.
  33. He always has words of encouragement for me
  34. He spends so much time and money on my swimming, yet can't get enough of me swimming
  35. He has the loudest laugh
  36. He always lets me have my swim team over
  37. Even though he has a lot of work to do, he never misses a meet
  38. Thumbs up before races
  39. Sitting on his lap
  40. He always carries my swim bag after a meet
  41. "God bless that fella"
  42. Listening to him drum along to a song in the car
  43. I'll never let him down at a swim meet
  44. Hearing that he brags about me to his friends
  45. I could tell him anything I wanted to and he'd love me just the same
  46. He always calms my nerves before swim meets
  47. Sacrifices so many things for my family
  48. Waking up at 3 AM to get his work done
  49. What he's made himself from growing up with so little
  50. His endless love
  51. My friend, Sarah, and I were in her room and I picked up a book called "100 reasons why I love my dad." Her sister had given it to her dad for his birthday. Sarah told me she cried when she read it because none of them were true for her. When I read it, all of them were.

Dad, I know I didn't even make you a card for your birthday, but I love you more than anything else in this world. I hope you're birthday, although spent at a pool and in a car, was a memorable one. Hey, at least I swam well, right? Happy 51st Birthday. Keep on kicking!

No comments:

Post a Comment