Friday, May 27, 2011

Reflection on the year

As a final post for class I have to do a reflection meeting certain criteria. The first thing I have to do is talk about the books I've read. In total, this semester I read 1625 pages. In the beginning of the year I didn't read very much for pleasure, it was hard for me to find time even though I enjoyed it. But when it became an assignment I did it a lot more often. I branched out a lot too. Books that my I'd seen my dad read I actually started reading. Before I thought they were too hard for me but when Mr. Hill talked about them in class I thought I'd give them a shot. This really expanded my library. I read on vacation a lot and in the summer, but not so much during the school year. Although it was hard to find time to read so many pages in a week with swimming and all. I had to cram a lot on the weekends, but I found a lot of books I enjoyed and had a long list of books to read. It was easy to look in the classroom and pick up a good book, even though some were better than others. I never read with music on because I get so distracted, but I did find myself checking my phone especially if the book was dragging on. So I would make myself read so many pages before I stopped. My dad and I talked about some of the books I read, and I explained to my friends about the books I had in my hands. I still enjoy reading books written in the first person better, I find it easier to relate to.But now I read books that are non fiction instead of just fiction. As for what I might read next, I have a few actually. I would like to read Paradise lost by John Milton and Freakonomics by... I'm not sure actually. I liked the way we studied poetry in this class, it was more relaxed and although we analyzed poems it was more of an open discussion and we could say our thoughts without being afraid of being wrong. The poems we looked at weren't of any certain type, we looked at so many different ones which I enjoyed. Even though the poem journals took time, looking back on it it was fun to be able to explore all the poems on websites. I don't think I would change much about this class, except the diction writing in the middle of the year. I didn't really enjoy that. But I think the vocab will help me, even though it was hard to do the homework, and the blogging was a refreshing change of an assignment.

I guess that's really all I have to say for this reflection.

Finally, I'm done with school posts!

Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment