Monday, March 7, 2011

Blood tests...

I had morning practice this morning. For the past week I've really been struggling. I've been really slow and tired at practice. I figured I was just sore from dryland. But I've really been working on getting sleep and eating well. So today at morning practice, my coach pulled me out of the water and asked if I was feeling better. I told him that I wasn't feeling sick but I just feel really slow. I don't remember all of what he said, but I remember he said, "You're just not the same girl I've had in the water for the past two years. Things you used to be able to do easily, you can barely do now." That really hit me hard. It's frustrating because I really am trying, I'm just not swimming fast. He talked to my dad and we've decided to go get blood tests done. They're thinking I have mono or something. I've never gotten a blood test done before, so needless to say I'm really scared. I hate getting shots so I know this is going to be so much worse. I'm going to cry.... I already know that, ha! But maybe this will tell us something! Who knows, fingers crossed!!

1 comment:

  1. Really nice reading life here, Mariah. I hope that getting your blood drawn didn't hurt too much.

    ReplyDelete