Sunday, March 6, 2011

Spellbound!

So in class we've been watching the movie Spellbound on and off. I'm supposed to compare two characters from the movie. My favorite, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on this one, is Harry. He's a very outgoing young boy. He's quiet funny actually. Watching him up on stage at the National competition, he makes the quirkiest faces. Unfortunately, he gets out; I was rooting for him to win. Niel, another contestant, is very quiet and stays to himself. Except when his father is around. Then Niel tends to be more outgoing and cocky. He says he wants to win the spelling bee so he can feed 5,000 people in India.... I think. Sadly, he gets out too which means he won't be doing that. There motivation for spelling also seems to be different. Niel's older sister also competed in bees so he probably feels like obliged to do it as well. However, we can't ignore the outstanding fact that Neil's father is his main reason for his participation. His father is very proud of him and gets very involved in the competitions. Harry seems to be doing it simply because he loves it. Which I think is the best reason to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment