Saturday, March 5, 2011

Quick Catch Up

Well I just got home from bowling! It was pretty fun, I had to leave early to get home on time so I couldn't finish the second game. But anyways, I was just sitting in bed reading and I thought I would get a little of my summary done so I don't have to do it all Monday!

The Kite Runner By: Khaled Hosseini Pages 311-320

They have checked out of the hospital and traveled to Islamabad because they're afraid Assef has Talib men looking for him. This way, they at least have a better chance of not being spotted. Farid drops Sohrab and Amir off at a hotel, and returns to his family for good. They two settle down into the hotel and go to bed. In the morning, when Amir wakes up, he finds he is alone in the room. He hobbles down to the lobby to ask the manager if he's seen the boy. The manager hasn't but suggests he thinks of a place the boy is interested in, telling him that his boy will do anything to go see a movie. That reminds Amir of how Sohrab's face lit up when they passed the Mosque. Amir asks the manager to drive him there and he agrees. When they get there they see Sohrab sitting on a curb and Amir climbs out. Amir and Sohrab briefly talk about when Hassan took Sohrab to the Mosque years ago and he begins to cry. He misses his mother and father and can't remember what they look like. With this, Amir takes out the photo Rahim Khan gave him and handed it to Sohrab. Amir tries to pull Sohrab closer to him and comfort him but he pulls away. Amir tries again and Sohrab gives in and begins to cry on Amirs chest. The boy asks if Amir thinks he will go to Hell for hurting Assef, and if his father is disappointed in him for harming another person. Amir consoles him and reassures him that he won't be. After a long silence, Amir asks Sohrab if he would like to come live in America with him. But Sohrab doesn't answer and Amir lets it go for the time being.

YES! That was my reaction when Amir asked him to come live in America. I'm glad he's offering that. I mean after all, Soraya can't have kids so Sohrab can take the place of their child.

Well, it's pretty late now and I have church tomorrow, so goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment